Monday, November 09, 2009

Control Freaks R Us

Inspired by a dear friend of mine who is also an admitted control freak (and whose life lessons all seem to revolve around breaking her of that), I've decided to create a new support group. The working name is Controllers Anonymous, although I'm hoping to come up with something more creative soon. In the meantime, I've decided to get to work on the twelve steps.

1. I promise to stop controlling every person and circumstance around me.
2. Really, I promise to try. So long as these people stop screwing everything up.
3. Oh, screw it...

4 comments:

fullsoulahead.com said...

I like your group but do you mind if I change the name? Also does it have to be just 12 steps?

: )

kario said...

Please, by all means, come up with a new name.

And, sadly, I'm certain it will take many, many more than 12 steps...

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I think Michelle is just f'ing with you - trying to see if you'll let her control you. Good to know you're flexible! See? One step down, _____ more to go! : )

Deb Shucka said...

We admitted we were powerless over (insert drug of choice)—that our lives had become unmanageable.

This is the real first step. Thought you'd appreciate the "p" word. :-)

Love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...