Friday, September 04, 2009

Think I'm Gonna Barf

Woke up Wednesday morning to the scent of septic tank in my front yard. Knew that's what it was when the dog instantly took off for the tank lid and began digging.

The guy showed up yesterday at dinnertime to pump the tank so he can figure out what's wrong. As I walked him to the spot in the yard where the tank is located, I noticed that CB had visited this smelly place several times during the day and left his own deposits to add to the stench. I apologized to the tank guy for not having had time to clean up the dog poop as we stepped around the piles carefully. He shrugged.



"I drive the truck. I take the poop out of the tank. Doesn't bother me."



I suppose you have to have a sense of humor about that job to do it all day every day.

As he stretched the enormous vacuum hose across the lawn to begin pumping out the tank, I watched him suck up each pile of doggie-doo in his path. Aww, thanks!


------------------------------------------------------------------
Reaching across to turn on the outside faucet yesterday I noticed a small pile of round, white objects nestled up against the house. There were 50 or so of these half-the-size-of-a-Tic Tac things. Never seen anything like it before.


Fifteen minutes later, after watering the plants, I returned to shut the water off and discovered this

Yup, that's an enormous slug laying eggs. Up against my house.

Too bad the septic guy didn't slurp them up, too...

5 comments:

chris said...

that's nasty!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Gross.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Wow. And yuk!

Jill of All Trades said...

Yup, stepped on one of those things when a kiddo...YUCK!

Deb Shucka said...

Eeeewwwww!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...