Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Sick

That's what I get for letting my true Northwest colors show: wishing for rain after 16 straight days of sunshine and weather too hot for me. It sprinkled one day, gave us a tremendous windstorm another, went back to being hot and sunny and I came down with strep throat.

Been sleeping 20 hours a day for three days and I still feel wiped out with a sore throat and my right eye glued shut with green gunk. I'm hoping this will pass before too long.

But before I went down with the crud, I read two fantastic books and ordered two more, so I thought I'd pass me recommendations along to those of you who are looking for some summer reading:

1. The Help, by Kathryn Stockett. Fiction, based in post Civil War Mississippi, this book is amazing! Couldn't put it down and I didn't want it to end. Get it today!

2. The Prince of Frogtown, by Rick Bragg. Apparently (where have I been) he's written two other memoirs, but I found this one at the library (boo hoo, I have to take it back!). This book is GORGEOUS! The writing is magnificent and I found myself re-reading passages over and over again just to taste the language he uses.

I have ordered two Buddhist books for the summer and can't wait to get into them, when I can keep my eyes open for more than a half hour. I'll keep you posted on them. Gotta go rest now.

zzzzzzzz.....

3 comments:

chris said...

Yuck! Sorry to hear that. Hope you're back on your feet soon. I too was longing for rain.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

You're like the 4th adult I've heard of with Strep! WTF!

Thanks for the book recommendations, can't wait to hear what you think of the Buddhism books!

Get well soon! I want to meet you at Deb's on the 20th!

Deb Shucka said...

Sending you healing thoughts and lots of love.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...