Thursday, March 05, 2009

U-Turn


Ever have one of those conversations with a friend in which you very confidently predict the outcome of a situation involving one or both of your children?

Get over it.

I hate it when my kids do exactly the opposite of what I thought they were going to do.

I love it when they do that, though.

I love that, even though I think I know them so well they can shock the sh*t out of me and remind me that they are not 2-dimensional cardboard characters I can stand in place and watch for a while.

I love it when my perfectionistic, predictable, sweetheart of a girl decides she wants to take tae kwon do classes with a bunch of younger boys.

I love it when my kamikaze girl decides she would rather join the swim team and follow in her mommy's footsteps.

Who woulda thunk it?

I'm smiling just thinking about their willingness to stretch themselves in ways I never would have imagined. I am such a lucky mom!

4 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

I'm so excited about the Tae Kwon Do! That's HUGE! I thought you were going to say Ms. Kamikaze was going to go for ballet.

Full Soul Ahead! said...

I love the Tae Kwon Do! I bet she will too. I love that they feel free to be who they want to be, and not what you necessarily expect them to be.

That's good parenting, right there.

Miss Devylish said...

They're both going to be kicking butt and taking names soon! xo

Deb Shucka said...

I love it that you have created a life where your girls can be anything their hearts can imagine. It's your kids who are the truly lucky ones.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...