Friday, November 21, 2008

You Don't Say...


I have one of the strangest children on the planet. No, really.

Most of the time she acts like a normal kid - hating socks, fighting with her sister, wanting to watch TV and play board games all the time. She loves ice cream and breakfast pastries, and hates sleeping. All fairly standard stuff. But sometimes she catches me off guard.

Like the morning she was snuggling in bed with Bubba and me, trying to wake us up and get us out of bed. Wiggling down in between us, she buried her face in the pillow and came up again just as quickly, yelping, "Ick! It smells like felt in here."

Felt? Who knows what felt smells like? And, even if they did - who could imagine that it smelled foul?

Or, take the other day when she was just starting to come down with the stomach flu. She had yet to spike a fever, but was really dragging her tail behind her and she was incredibly grumpy. As we piled into the car with the school bags and lunch boxes and I asked the girls to buckle their seat belts, she turned to her big sister and said, "Grab a paint brush and dip it in me. I feel like a big blob of paint. Green paint."

Little did I know that three hours later she would be spiking a fever and doubled over with stomach pain. Green, indeed.

You know the saying "butterflies in my stomach?" Last week, she was so excited she told us she had "cute, furry animals in her pants."

Yup, never a dull moment around here.

6 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Are you guys related to Dr. Phil? Is your daughter somehow from Texas?

What a cutie.

Deb said...

This girl is a writer! Just like her mom. Or maybe a standup comic in the making. So funny.

Jerri said...

Is this the writer daughter? She's sure on her way.

megan said...

Janeane Garofalo or Carol Burnett? lol... can't wait for the future.

1blueshi1 said...

Oh, I love the last one!

And can you believe, the other day I heard Bookey CLICKING as she walked around and I could NOT figure out why, it sounded like she was playing with necklaces but I couldn't see any, then she turned around to walk away and I noticed her underwear sagging...she had fished the ornamental marbles out of the fish bowl and put them in the back of her underwear?!?!?
I think these two need to meet!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Love that girl, she's her own person, can't beat that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...