Sunday, November 02, 2008

Whew!


I did it. I finished the first draft of the book.

I printed it out. It's heavy. All that pristine, white paper stacked up, edges aligned, borders straight and even, with my words on it. What an exciting thing to behold.

I don't have any illusions that I won't be revisiting this manuscript over and over again in the editing process, but after four years of interviews and transcripts and research and writing, it's done. Break out the champagne, baby!
Last night Bubba said, "Man, I'll bet it feels strange to think that you don't have to write for a while, huh?
"Um, noooo. Now I'll start on the second one."
Duh.

8 comments:

ammogirl said...

That is amazing! Congratulations on such a monumental feat. I really don't have any words to describe how in awe I am that you wrote a damn book.

The Boisterous Butterfly-by said...

Good for you. You have every reason to be very proud of yourself. Congratulations!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

DUH! How cute is his naivete?

Congrats!!!!

Michelle O'Neil said...

Congrats Kari!!!!

You go!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! That is AWESOME!!

Deb said...

YAHOOOOOO!!!!! Did you send it? So proud of you and absolutely elated for you. Celebrate big. You deserve it.

Jerri said...

Congratulations!

And to Bubba---Duh!--but in a loving way, to be sure.

Scott from Oregon said...

WOOHOOHOO!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...