Thursday, November 13, 2008

A Quiet Place You Might Want to Visit


I've just come from Gratefulness.org. It's a website dedicated to promoting consciousness of what we have and living in the moment. The first time I visited the site, I must say I wasn't grabbed by the layout or the graphics, but for some reason I stayed a moment. My favorite part of Gratefulness.org is the sidebar, actually. I've traveled the labyrinth and read a few selected writings, and while I don't hit the site daily or even weekly, seeing it on my "Favorites" list reminds me to think of how lucky I am more often than I would have without it.

Because my father was a veteran of the Vietnam war, I've been thinking about him a lot this week. Imagining the holidays without him is too hard at this point, so I've tried to focus my thoughts on letting him know what we're up to these days in our crazy lives. For some reason, I felt the need to go to the Gratefulness site tonight and light a candle for him. I have never accessed this feature before and I found it incredibly calming and empowering. If you're thinking of a loved one or longing for some way to connect spiritually with others, I would encourage you to check it out. Follow this link: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/enter.cfm?l=eng

6 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

What a great idea! I subscribe to their daily quotes, and they never fail to inspire me!

Jerri said...

Wonderful suggestion. Thanks.

And blessings to you as you go through this process. Please be extra kind to yourself.

Love.

Deb said...

So glad you were able to find comfort during the difficulties of last week. Thank you for sharing. Sending you love and gratitude that you're in my life.

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much for this. I'm having a rough time with grief issues, it always hits me around the holidays. I found this site to be very comforting. I'm glad you did too.
XXXXXXX

Michelle O'Neil said...

Thinking of you, and your dad.

Maddy said...

Thank you. I think I'll take a leaf out of Carrie's book and subscribe to their daily quotes too.
Best wishes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...