Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Glorious


I have just spent the most glorious four days in Oregon. The weather was perfect - sunny and crisp, cool enough to justify wearing my most comfortable sweat pants, but warm enough for a t-shirt on top.

The company was divine - two of the most clever, courageous and talented women I've come across in this lifetime. We came with a purpose; to provide fresh, honest perspectives on each others' writing projects and damn, did we deliver! We wrote and talked, listened and shared, drank coffee and cooked for ourselves and each other. We walked and processed, slept and woke to the sun, shared stories of ancient history and life-altering moments. We laughed and wrote some more and when it was all said and done, we had achieved magic.

Each one of us is writing a magnificent book.

Each one of us is ready for the next book.

Each one of us loves the others deeply and believes in the others completely.

Carrie, thank you for your time and energy. Your honesty and openness. Your house in the mountains and your willingness to share it.

Deb, thank you for your perspective. Your love and compassion. Your easy companionship.

Two better writing companions I could not ask for, nor find. I am blessed.

5 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Ahhh... now you've gone and made me cry!

Deb said...

Thank you my friend. We are a force, the three of us.

The Boisterous Butterfly-by said...

You're very lucky to have such good companions to spend time with writing. Also, to have the courage to write at all, because it isn't easy. I know this from experience and that is why I stick to my blog. I have the greatest admiration for people who don't give up and who know they have a novel or two in them that must be written. Good luck to you. Thanks for visiting me. Ciao...

Michelle O'Neil said...

Beautiful.

Jenny said...

How fun . . . and valuable . . . love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...