Friday, September 19, 2008

Color Me Concerned


Is the world going to hell in a handbasket? I don't know, but every once in a while something happens that worries me. Some fundamental shift in the status quo that rocks me to my core.

Nope, I'm not talking about the stock market. The trend is downward right now and I suspect that pendulum will swing back the other way fairly soon. I can remain fairly sanguine about that for now.

I'm not referring to the global climate changes and the gradual degradation of our environment. I truly believe that the rising swell of consciousness about the way our consumerism affects the planet is a good thing that will make changes we can be proud of.

I'm concerned about this. "Products such as Whatchamacallit, Milk Duds, Mr. Goodbar and Krackel no longer have milk chocolate coatings, and Hershey’s Kissables are now labeled “chocolate candy” instead of “milk chocolate.”" Something here is wrong. Good thing I was never all that sweet on milk chocolate anyway. But I'll know that the world is coming to an end when they replace the cocoa butter in my Swiss dark chocolate with vegetable oil. I can only hope I'm gone before that happens...

5 comments:

Suzy said...

I think I should send you as many Swiss dark chocolate bars to stock up on before that happens...


Love you

Suzy

Nancy said...

I've seen yogurt cups and ice cream containers shrink while the price is raised and stayed calm...but when they start messin with chocolate..we've got a problem!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Hell hath no fury like a woman whose chocolate has been altered!

Deb said...

This may just be the final straw! I'm going to find my passport right now.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Ya know...we have some Hershey's chocolate chips in the fridge right now and they taste like crap. No wonder!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...