Monday, September 01, 2008

Bubba's Nervous


He came home from a business trip last week to find my two most recent acquisitions from Amazon.com sitting on the kitchen counter:

"Split: A Memoir of Divorce" by Suzanne Finnamore, and

"Couldn't Keep it To Myself" by Wally Lamb and the women of York Correctional Institution

I watched as his step slowed and his eyebrows lifted. He glanced my way once, twice, and I didn't meet his eye. I turned away...

and giggled. He's not in danger. Just two more books in my string of what he calls 'depressing stories.' I kissed him hard and held him for an extra minute just to reassure him.

3 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Cannot wait to hear what you think of both! Love that he even pays attention to what you're reading!

Scott from Oregon said...

Poor guy.

Eileen said...

I giggled, because I have Split on my table too. Had to get it after Carrie's review of it. David was a bit nervous when he saw it sitting there.

XXXX

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...