Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Overwhelming


Tidal waves of hormones,

dishes,

schedules,

a death sentence.


Meditation,

writing,

walking,

cooking,

smiling,

all tossed upside-down like so much krill in this sea.


I ride out one wave.

Sit in the trough of another.

Catch my breath just in time to suck it in for the next one.


Unrelenting.

I can't seem to get to the crest.

Feeling small and tired of paddling.

Not even sure which end is up.


I would like to enjoy the ride,

swirling in whorls with the sand that makes such pretty patterns.


Instead I just fight to find the spot where the waves die down.

Survival.

8 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Yep.

I know the feeling.

love.

paul maurice martin said...

Could be life, could me meditation. I like it -

Deb said...

See my arm waving to you from the next wave over? Much love to you.

Suzy said...

I'm in the back, taking turns, helping you paddle.

Survival...with grace. That is you.

Love,

Suzy

Miss Devylish said...

Ditto what everyone else said.. Right there w/ you sugar.. Getting back to normal I think..and sending you all my love. xo

Jenny said...

What a creative post.

Hope you can come up for air soon.

Thora said...

Poetry is really something that says it all in so few words.
Keep it up

Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

Lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...