Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Many Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts over the past couple of weeks. I felt all of your good intentions and loving kindness coming my way and it is much appreciated. I would like to think that I am 'coming down' from the high of the holidays, but the truth is more accurately the opposite. I feel as though I'm emerging from the mole hole I've been in for the last several weeks, slowly and cautiously.

Although I was holding January up in my mind to be a glorious time of calendar freedom, it doesn't seem to be shaping up that way. The fact that the girls started back to school so early (today! yippee!) had me hoping that I was going to find time to write and walk the dog and meditate and take care of myself. Instead I am booking expensive flights for the entire family to a memorial service for my grandfather and frantically making doctor, dentist, orthodontist, and physical therapy appointments before the insurance coverage runs out. The look on the dog's face when he realizes his walk will be seriously truncated this morning mirrors my own forlorn eyes as I pass right by my office with its meditation music and candles and laptop perched on my desk. Instead I am writing this from the kitchen as I wait for return phone calls and instant messages so I can cross some things off my list.

I am buoyed by the thought that there are no after-school activities this week and further raised up with the possibility of next week. The end of the month holds great promise as I'll be bunking with some writing buddies for a few days but I am aware that I need to remember to find some peace in each day as they come for now.

For now, thank you. I love this network of supportive people. I love reading your words, both as comments and in your blogs. I hope to make some time just for me today and begin to locate my center again.

Love.

6 comments:

MY OWN WOMAN... said...

"....and the darkest hours are just before dawn....." Mama's & Papa's

Comfort be with you in your time of need.

Jenny said...

So sorry about your loss.

Helen Burton said...

I can identify with you. Some dayas I have such great plans, something happens and I get nothing done.

I am writing a book and it has been on the back burner for over a month. Do you have any suggestions on how to light the fire again. Helen

Eileen said...

Thinking of you. Be gentle with yourself, as best you can, with the upcoming services. Once again, I am so sorry for your loss. Keeping you close to my thoughts and in my prayers.
XOXO

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Love, love and more love bombarding you, sweet Kario!

Deb said...

Holding you in my heart. In awe of your strength. Much love to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...