Saturday, December 01, 2007

One More Thing You May Be Surprised to Find Out


I was a teenager in the 80s. I had an older brother whom I worshipped and jumped at the chance to spend time with. He was smart, completely irreverent, possessed a wicked sense of humor, and had the biggest CD collection of anyone I knew. Occasionally he invited me to join him in his inner sanctum to hang out and listen to music. Given this, it is hardly shocking that I grew to love such bands as Led Zeppelin, Metallica, the Scorpions, ZZ Top, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, and Van Halen. Although it was the era of the 'big hair' bands, he indulged lightly in such fly-by-night acts as Poison, Tesla, Whitesnake, Motley Crue and Ratt. Needless to say, I listened to what he listened to with rapt attention. Indeed, I memorized every word of every song on Ratt's first album. Not exactly something to be proud of, but a fun party trick in college karaoke scenes when it was too dark for me to display my other quirky ability of tying a cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.


I told you all that to tell you this: Monday night I have a date with Bubba. Van Halen is coming to town and we are so there! Because I am a bit of an idealist, before the tickets were purchased I had to make sure that the lead singer would be David Lee Roth. I have nothing against Sammy Hagar, but to me, he is second-rate Halen. I'm not paying a premium to see him. I'm getting out my comb and hairspray, putting on my acid wash jeans and my black eyeliner and hitting the road, baby! Whaddya think about hitting Dick's for burgers before the show? ;-)
(T-shirt may be purchased at www.cafepress.com)

8 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Better you than me! I hope you two have a rockin' time! BTW, I do hear Dick's has the best burgers!

Anonymous said...

now you know why I married her...no, not the Halen thing...the cherry stem thing...ha ha!

bubba

Eileen said...

Sounds like a real blast from the past! I bet you two will have a real blast. What memories, what a great time. Have a lot of fun!!
XOXO

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Oh, Bubba, you little devil!

Deb said...

I so love this other side of you! I hope it's a rockin' night for both of you.

Scott from Oregon said...

Van Halen?

Runnin' With The Devil?


Woo...

Casdok said...

Excellent!

Jess said...

Have a great time!! Take pictures. We want to see that outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...