Monday, September 24, 2007

A Couple of Links for Your Reading Pleasure

I have to send everyone who needs a laugh to Nurse Ratched's Place today. Her mother sent her a very true list of translations for men to help them understand what women are really saying.

The Coming Home Project is the other place to go today. I read about this fantastic organization in the current issue of "Tricycle" magazine. Their purpose is to help war veterans from Iraq and Afghanistan cope with their war experiences while trying to re-enter American society. The work they do is funded solely through donations and volunteers from all faiths and world views and they organize retreats and workshops to help those people who are feeling isolated come together and share their pain and caring for each other. Now that's the kind of news I love reading! I can't wait to find ways to support this kind of initiative.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Kari,
Both of these links are great! The first one had me laughing out loud. I have to share it with a blogger, The Secrets of the Rotten Correspondent. She use to work in Hollywood, and is now an ER nurse in the midwest. I think she would appreciate this.

The second one, was very touching, especially after attending a Peace Rally today. I want to do more to help. Plus, as a Student Council Advisor, we are always looking for Community Service projects. Thanks so much for sharing these.
XOXO

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...