Friday, June 29, 2007

A Few Things To Consider...


My newest favorite CD! I'm busy memorizing the words to all the songs, but I have to recommend this to everyone I know. It's a little folksy, terrific songwriting, and definitely my style. It's rare for me to find a CD that I immediately love. Usually they have to grow on me. But this one, "Ruby Red" by Christine Havrilla, is phenomenal. As soon as I can sing all of these songs by heart, I'll go check out her newest release, "Velocity". One thing at a time, though, okay?



Well, okay, two things at a time. I also just finished a tremendous book by an author I adore, Ursula Hegi. You may be familiar with her book "Stones From the River", but I picked this one up at the used book store last week and stayed up until 2AM reading it. I love that it takes place in parts of the world with which I'm familiar, but I was even more struck by the fullness of it all. It's rich in language and texture, emotion and reality. Ooh, check it out!

This is going to have to hold you all for a while, though, because I'm off to have more fun with the girls. My daughters are reveling in all of the giggling and storytelling and grown-upedness they're getting to be a part of, but we're ditching them with the hubby tomorrow and going out to paint the town. Stories will come later.....

5 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Great recommendations! Love that your girls are getting a little grown-upedness, but love even more that they are totally getting ditched tonight! Jennifer arrives with Lucy today, Lucy will be in heaven/hell, not sure which!

Jerri said...

Have fun, fun and more fun. And take pictures!

Kim said...

Can't wait for the stories!

Eileen said...

I love your tips on the cd and the book. I too love Ursula Hegi. More importantly, I am so happy that you are off to have a girls night out. Have FUN, FUN, FUN and more FUN. Then, TELL, TELL, TELL and TELL because I love hearing about your adventures!!! You, my friend, are a woderful storyteller, and never fail to make me laugh. ENJOY. XOXOX

Sue said...

Put "Ruby Red" on my iPod -- thanks!

Amazing songs ...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...