Thursday, May 17, 2007

WOW!


Have I got a book for you! I just finished reading this terrific story about a man with Tourette's Syndrome who is trying to solve a mystery involving the death of his employer/friend. I can't say how authentically the author portrays Tourette's in the novel since I haven't had much exposure to people who suffer from this disorder, but it was a fantastic journey he took me on. The characters were three-dimensional and engaging and the story was fun to lose myself in for a few days. I highly recommend it and want to hear from anyone who reads it and can tell me how authentic the portrait of a Tourette's sufferer was.

7 comments:

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Sounds like a must read for me! Thanks! I have a great novel to recommend to any good reader, The World to Come by Dara Horn. Amazing!

Jenny Rough said...

Perfect! I'm in need of a good book rec right now. Thanks!

Eileen said...

Thanks for the tip. I love to read, and I am always looking for good books. I will head off to Amazon right now and let know what I think. Any other ideas, please send my way!!

Scott from Oregon said...

I don't know much FUCK! SHIT SPASTIC! SPASTIC! about the syndrom myself.

Suzy said...

Thanks for the book review!

I'm off to Barnes & Noble now...

Love
Suzy

Jerri said...

Sounds great. Thanks for the tip, Kari.

Jess said...

OK, when you're done reading this book, go get Deb Talan's CD "A Bird Flies Out." A great CD on it's own, but especially worth it for her song about this book, "Tell Your Story Walking." http://www.debtalan.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...