Tuesday, May 01, 2007

"What We Have Here is Failure to Communicate"

"Mom, someday can we go see the pyramid?" my four-year-old asked from her car seat on the way home from school.

"Well, maybe. It's pretty far away, but I'd love to see them." What prompted this? Were they studying Egypt at school?

"It's not very far away. Julia said she's seen it before."

"There are a bunch of them, sweetie. I'll show you on the map when we get home where they are, okay? It's a pretty long plane ride to get there.

"No, there's only one. Miss K taught us about it at school today."

"Hmmm, maybe we're not talking about the same thing. Does your pyramid have a name?" I'm searching my brain's files to recall a stand-alone pyramid that they might be talking about at preschool.

"Yup, it's the food pyramid. I really want to go see it for real."



Yeah, me too. That's one pyramid I'm excited to get to the top of...

3 comments:

Suzy said...

And the plane fair is cheap.....

Love you

Suzy

Kim said...

Adorable.

And for me, so near yet so far.

Carrie Wilson Link said...

DARLING!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...