Saturday, April 28, 2007

"You're Taking This 'Green' Thing a Bit Too Far"



Large Doggie Dooley Steel Septic Tank
Never deal with pet elimination again. With the new Doggie Dooley systems you won't have to. Simply use the no bending or stooping scooper to place the elimination in the in-ground Doggie Dooley. Meanwhile inside the Doggie Dooley the fast acting chemicals break the waste down. Thus never having to take out smelly trash bags again. Doggie Dooley utilizes the enzyme and bacteria action reducing dog waste to a ground absorbing liquid.

Environmentally Safe Pet Waste Disposal Tank
Galvanized Steel
Easy and Convenient to Use
Foot Operated Lid Opener
Made in the USA!
For 2 Large or 4 Small Dogs
My husband thinks I'm nuts, but I have requested this for Mother's Day. He said he couldn't possibly get it for me, nor could he ever look anyone in the eye again if he did get me such a thing for Mother's Day.
"But I specifically asked you for it!"
"Doesn't matter - it's a product designed solely for dealing with dog crap. It's against gift etiquette rules."
Hmmm, I think since I'm the one who deals with the dog crap, I ought to be able to make that decision. Oh well, if he doesn't get it for me for Mother's Day, d'ya think it'd be too cruel to get it as a Father's Day gift? Yeah, you're right. Okay, is it acceptable for me to get myself a Mother's Day gift?

10 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Dig a hole in the ground (hubby) and put an old garbage can lid over it. The metal kind. Steal one from a neighbor. Then every fourth or fifth time you toss in "stuff" throw in a handfull of grass clippings and a gallon of water.

When this hole is full, dig another and tell hubby to take this mix and add it to your flower garden soil.

The commercial ones don't work as well as this method.

This is the best method going...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I wonder if my hubby would like this for a gift. He is the one that deal with the dog crap. Then again he might laugh at the idea.
JLN
Just read it over my shoulder,got a good laugh.

Eileen said...

Personally, I say you deserve to just buy it or yourself as a household necessity. I speak from one who also has to deal with the dog droppings around here. Then, let him get you a Mother's Day Gift you deserve, something really special. That is what I think. Have the best of both world and you my friend deserve it.

Jerri said...

I'm with Eileen. If you think this device will make your life easier, get the darn thing. If the household needed a new trash can or a new garbage disposer, it wouldn't have to be a gift, would it?

You deserve tools for your daily tasks AND something special for Mother's Day, Kari. And much more. . . .

Suzy said...

I think my dogs will chip and get this themselves.....

Jenny Rough said...

I'm with Suzy - have the dogs give it to you as a Mother's Day present.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Now if you can train the dog to life the lid and actually "go" in the bucket?

kario said...

Scott - thanks for the idea. You are a virtual treasure trove of information, aren'cha?

Michelle - you are infinitely wise, my dear! I'll get right on that.

I did decide "I'm worth it" and went ahead and ordered it for myself. Should be here this week. It's a little scary how excited I am about it...Maybe I need to get out more!

Sue said...

Go for it!

Kim said...

I'm late on the uptake here, but very glad to see that you got one!

I think it is not just acceptable but highly encouraged that we get ourselves mother's day gifts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...