Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy, Happy, Happy Anniversary!

Thirteen years ago today I woke up with an entire colony of creatures climbing in my gut. At noon I was to be married to my best friend. We had spent months designing this day and worrying and spending gobs of money we didn't have and this was it. I wasn't concerned with my hair or what being married would bring. Nope, I was worried about a brawl.

There were ex-wives and husbands, ex-boyfriends and girlfriends (of each other, not ourselves) that would come to witness this day. There would be no overt religious portion of the ceremony, just lots of food and wine and people we love.

I am proud to say that the day came off beautifully. I didn't fall on my face while walking down the aisle, I didn't forget my lines or falter in the most important moment. We left two hours later for a honeymoon that was magical and adventurous, not knowing what was to come, but looking forward to it with abandon.

I fell in love with this man because he made me laugh. He still makes me laugh like nobody else. He "gets" me and likes me anyway. He is my knight in shining armor, my stand-up comic, my soothing lullaby and a southern BBQ master trapped in the body of a computer company exec. I wouldn't trade a second of our journey for anything and can't wait to see what the next thirteen years brings. Happy Anniversary, sweetie! I love you.

I love you.

I love you.

9 comments:

Jenny Rough said...

Aw! Happy anniversary!

grammer said...

kario, congratulations and happy anniversary. 13 - lucky number! may you enjoy at least three times 13 more years of bliss.

thank you so much for the weekend of sharing. it was transformative. sacred. nothing i could have expected and yet, everything i wanted. i am grateful you were there. blessings ~ tracy

Scott from Oregon said...

AAAWWWW!!!

Prema said...

Congratulations. What a lovely welcome home from the weekend. Thanks for being in the boat with me....amazing work. And so much more to unfold.

Jess said...

Happy Happy Anniversary. Yes, what a lovely welcome home. And a lovely accomplishment.

Me, I am exhausted tonight...

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Happy anniversary (yesterday)! So great to see happy marriages. Take an A!

Kim Meisner said...

What a wonderful post! Happy belated anniversary, and great work nurturing and appreciating such a wonderful love!

ammogirl said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Here's to thirteen more...

Congratulations!!

Miss Devylish said...

Happy Anniversary sugar.. to you both. You are both two of the most wonderful people I've ever met.. I hope I find a connection like you both have w/ each other one day.. Love you! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...