Thursday, September 28, 2006

My New Favorite Song

I could just as easily have titled this blog post "Words to Live By" or "Thought of the Day". I received the new Indigo Girls album "Despite Our Differences" in the mail last week and have listened to it obsessively ever since. I LOVE IT! I'm printing out the chorus to the first track on the CD and posting it on my refrigerator door, office wall, inside my wallet, and in the car to remind myself. The words are:

"It doesn't come by the bullwhip
It's not persuaded by your hands on your hips and it's
Not the company of gunslingers
The epicenter Love is the pendulum swinger"

I want to remember that force and whining are not terribly effective if I truly want to change something and swing the pendulum back toward peace and justice. Both in my microcosm of the world and in the world at large - I must work to change things with love. Man, I love those chicks!

2 comments:

Miss Devylish said...

I like that one too.. Surprisingly enough, a kind boy actually sent the cd to me via the web so I now have it securely in my itunes. I love it too! Nov 5th sugar. Just you and me, dinner, and our favorite lesbians. Yay!

Michelle O'Neil said...

I haven't listened to the Indigo Girls in years! Seems like a lifetime ago. I'll have to check out the CD.

Hope the hubs is doing well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...