Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Just Like a Coward!

Well, the surgery went well. The tumor is not, I repeat, NOT cancerous! We are obviously overjoyed and I feel as though we've gone down from DefCon 5 to PermaGrin. Yesterday was a very long and emotional day, and although he looks like hell at this point, my husband is going to be okay.

The bad news is they were unable to remove the coward (that is, the tumor). I am now even more convinced that Osama bin Laden is holed up inside my husband's pancreas - effectively the only place it is impossible to remove him from. It is difficult to accept that this little bastard will live inside my partner for the rest of his days and, indeed, I have blatantly lied to both of my children and told them that the offender has been removed so that they can believe he will be okay now. Perhaps someday I'll 'fess up, but for now I just want us to be able to move on, albeit with a terrorist in our midst. At least the surgeons made sure he won't cause any more trouble. I don't have the time or energy to go into details (nor do I expect you truly care about all of them), but my confidence in the medical team he has is strong and I believe they did the right thing.

Thanks for all your support and kind words. We felt them all and are truly grateful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that the tumor or Osama bin Laden is not cancerous. It is to bad that they could not remove it, but it sounds like it will cause no more grief. It is now time to take a big breath and regroup. I am happy to hear the good news, positive thoughts to you and your family.
JLN

Michelle O'Neil said...

So happy for you all! Speedy recovery! XO

Mother Jones RN said...

Girl, see me jumping up and down? That's me doing the happy dance. Glad things went well yesterday, and I wish your husband a speedy recovery.

jennifer said...

I am so with you during this time, your writing has taken a wonderful turn (sorry but tragedy has a way of leveling the voice and forcing it out of us!).

So much love to you and I am share your relief!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Yea! Thanks for sharing your great news with us! That's just really, really good to hear!

Miss Devylish said...

Such good news honey.. you and the fam have my love. Big hugs to you.. xoxox

Jenny Rough said...

Such good news. Thinking of you and your family every day over here on the other coast.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Kari, you've been tagged on my blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...