Thursday, August 03, 2006

Faking It, Part Deux

Well, it turns out that faking it was the right thing to do. Apparently, just plunging my head into the bucket of icy water as if I knew exactly what I was doing was just what the doctor ordered. I am having so much fun just writing and taking things as they come. I took a few hours on Monday afternoon and sat down with my laptop to fool around. I didn't have any particular goal in mind, just surfing the 'net for things of interest and viola I ended up with three new interviewees and four websites that I never knew existed.

I interviewed one of the women last night and came away grinning and shaking. She was exactly the anomaly I was looking for: intelligent, thoughtful, armed with some historical perspective of her own actions and fully accepting of the choices she made in the past. We spoke on the phone for an hour and I was able to make a connection with her that I know will add depth to the story I am trying to tell.

So, for now, I'll keep dabbling here and there and pushing ahead when I get excited. I actually like the clear view from inside the ice-water!

2 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Go Kari, Go!

Miss Devylish said...

Yay! That's so awesome!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...