Monday, June 26, 2006

These are a few of my favorite things...

I love that Lola's favorite stuffed animal is a naked mole rat.

I love that Eve cut Lola's hair two weeks before they were to be flower girls in a wedding and buried the evidence in the sandbox.

I love that I can get a totally tacky song (like Britney Spears' "Oops, I did it again") stuck in my rocker husband's head during his morning shower and it will stay there all day long.

I love that Lola's best dance moves are invented when she's fresh out of the bath, naked, dripping wet with screwy, towel-dried hair in front of the full length mirror.

I love to watch my six-year old run across the street to tell the neighbors about her latest accomplishment.

I love that my husband's creative streak came to light after our children were born.

I love that Lola absolutely revels in being tickled and Eve hates it more than anything.

I love to hide around the corner or upstairs and listen to my redneck husband play Barbies with my girls.

I love the way my obese cat manages to twist herself into a pretzel so she can clean every spot of herself in the sun triangle on the carpet in the morning.

I love that my dog always loves to see me and never thinks I'm mean.

8 comments:

jennifer said...

I love this post!!

Wanda Tucker said...

How sweet that your redneck husband plays Barbies. Give that man a short case.

graceonline said...

The simplest is the best, always. Thank you!

ammogirl said...

I love that you shared your lovely things with us. I might steal, by the way :)

kario said...

I love that you honor my precious things. Thanks for your comments, all. Steal away, Treena!

Carrie Wilson Link said...

Fabulous,Kari, you nailed it!

Michelle O'Neil said...

I would love for you to post a piece about your husband and the barbies, full of dialogue, of course!

Miss Devylish said...

I love all those things about your girls too.. and the fact that the most amazingly intelligent things come out of their mouths all the time. And that they love me to the moon and back and that you and your dear husband are two of the sweetest, kindest, most generous, loving and fun people I know.

xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...