Saturday, June 10, 2006

RUN TO THE MOVIES AND BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW!

There are times when I am so happy that I have children as an excuse to see certain movies. The movie "Cars" definitely qualifies. In fact, for those of you who don't have children and want to see this movie, you are welcome to borrow my children because this is one of those movies that they will want to watch four hundred times in the next 30 days anyway and, frankly, I'm not sure I can afford it.

Pixar's genius comes shining through again (think "Toy Story" and "A Bug's Life" for starters) in this feature. The scenery is gorgeous, every detail has been attended to, and the characters are wonderfully realistic and lifelike. Larry the Cable Guy is, well, Larry the Cable Guy and utterly hilarious, and the supporting cast is fantastically attuned to the storyline. Please run, don't walk, to see this movie in the theater! I swear you won't regret it!

By the way, despite high gasoline prices here, if anything would inspire you to get off your duff and take a road trip along Route 66 this summer, this movie is it!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm f'ing there!

ammogirl said...

ha! My husband went and saw this BY HIMSELF last night, an outing which he said garnered him many looks of distrust, as in "why is a lone, grown man at a CHILDRENS movie?" He loved it (the movie, not the looks) and said it was Pixar's best movie yet. I can't wait to see it!

kario said...

Well, ammogirl, at least he wasn't wearing a boy scouting uniform...(did I just put that into print?).

Jenny said...

Is Cars funny? Because my husband asked me if I wanted to see The Da Vinci Code or The Break Up this weekend. I picked The Break Up because I was in the mood to laugh. I thought it was a romantic comedy. Try a romantic tragedy! I was blubbering (the concert scene was so sad! And the bedroom scene afterwards!). I guess the title "Break Up" should've been a clue.

kario said...

Sidesplitting. Skip the DaVinci Code and go straight to Cars! You'll love it.

Miss Devylish said...

You are so cute Kar.. I can't wait to see it but will probably have to wait til the girls are willing to see it when Auntie Miss D has time.. I'm sure I'll have to twist their arms.. right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...