Sunday, June 18, 2006

Reasons #1, 2, and 3 to be Happy You are Not an Only Child

So that when you decide to pick up a pair of scissors and play hairdresser you don't have to experiment on yourself. You can cut your little sister's bangs to the stub of her forehead to see what it looks like before deciding whether or not to cut your own hair.

You can also deflect blame for the incident onto the younger sibling and even if your parents don't believe you, you can proclaim your innocence loudly and repeatedly, hoping to cast some small sliver of reasonable doubt in their minds that maybe you weren't the sole mastermind. (Note to Eve: we're not buying it, sweetheart!)

You won't be the one who looks ridiculous at your uncle's wedding in two weeks, where you are supposed to be one of TWO FLOWER GIRLS: the other one being your little sister - yeah, the one with NO BANGS NOW!

5 comments:

megan said...

Oh man, I can't wait to see this.

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of cutting my sister bangs before family pictures. We both ended up with cut out triangle shape in our bangs. We laugh at it now.

Miss Devylish said...

Oooooooooh.. I can NOT wait to see pictures of that!

ammogirl said...

Oh, HA! That is hilarious! Think of it this way - blackmail pictures for BOTH of them, when the get older!

My two are past the hair cutting stage now - we made it through safe and sound. Thank God.

Jenny Rough said...

I cut my brother's hair when we were kids. First I practiced on our stuffed Sesame Street character Ernie. Not that I improved much the second time around. If you're like my mom, you'll be telling this story for a loooooong time!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...